JL Novitas Solutions, Inc: D.C. Medicare
Novitas Solutions Inc. administers Medicare health insurance for the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) for Jurisdiction L which includes the state of D.C. If you are a provider located in D.C. and need to become an electronic submitter for your Medicare A/B Claims, please follow the enrollment instructions below.
Required Documents for those applying for new Submitter IDs
The following documents are required enrollment documents that must be completed, signed and returned to the Novitas Solutions office prior to initiation of electronic claims submission or inquiry.
If you have any questions regarding any of the documents in this package, please call the Novitas Solutions EDI Technology Support Center at 1-877-235-8073.
We can now process 276/277 requests (claim status). If this is a transaction you would like to utilize please make sure to enroll with the payer.
Our Vendor Information
|Vendor Name - AXIOM Systems, Inc.|
|Contact - EDI Team|
|Vendor Code - 1989|
|Phone - 602-439-2525|
|Fax - 602-439-0808|
|Address - 241 East 4th Street, Suite 200|
Frederick, MD 21701
|Software Name - SolAce EMC|
|E-mail - Support@SolAce-emc.com|
Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) Enrollment Form
- Select your Line of Business and State
- Enter the name of the Group, Provider, Or Supplier who is applying for a Submitter ID
- Enter your Practice’s demographic and contact information
- Enter your contact information, including email address
- Enter the Provider’s PTAN, NPI and TIN or EIN
- Please note, if you are in a group practice with rendering providers, only the group practice's information should be entered
Reason for Request:
- Select the box for New Enrollment. Place a check next to Assign this provider a new electronic billing submitter ID
- For Name of Network Service Vendor please enter "ClaimShuttle by Axiom Systems Inc"
- Name of Software Vendor: Please enter "Axiom Systems Inc formerly Ivertex"
- Please skip the next section to link or update an existing submitter ID
Electronic Remittance Advice ERA:
- Check the box to "Assign ERA to the new submitter ID being requested with this form"
Maintain Existing Submitter/Receiver ID:
- Please skip this section
- Please skip this section
- Select your preference for how they group your remits, under either Tax ID or NPI
- Type your Name and Title, then Sign and Date
EDI Third Party Enrollment Form (Billing Services Only)
- Please select your Jurisdiction (D.C. is JL)
- Enter your Company’s Name, Demographic info, and Contact information
- Skip the first box referencing being included on the approved vendors list
Type of Request
- Check the box that says “I am a Billing Service that will be submitting claims directly to Medicare”
- Name of Vendor: AXIOM Systems, Inc. formerly Ivertex
- Check the box to assign a new ERA Receiver ID only for Billing Service if you will be receiving your Provider’s ERAs
Check these boxes:
- Create ANSI ASC X12N 837 version 5010 claim files
- Retrieve ANSI ASC X12N 835 version 5010 remittance files
- What contracts do you support? Check applicable boxes for Part A, and/or Part B
- Print your Name and Title, then Sign and Date this application
Submitting your Forms
It is recommended that you keep a copy of all the forms you will be submitting for your records. Mail the enrollment forms reflecting original signatures to:
Novitas Solutions, Inc.
Fax: 1 (877) 439-5479
Mail: P.O. Box 3093, Mechanicsburg, PA 17055-1811
It is very important that you complete and return the entire enrollment packet as described above. Incomplete packets will not be processed and will be returned to the submitter.
Waiting for a Response
Once the complete provider enrollment packet has been received, the documents will be processed. Processing will take approximately two weeks from the date of receipt. (Remember that mailing time can take as much as five days.)
After processing, a confirmation will be mailed to you as notification to begin filing claims electronically. If neither confirmation nor a returned packet is received after two weeks, contact the Novitas Solutions EDI Technology Support Center at 1-855-252-8782.
Once you have received your Submitter ID and Password from Novitas Solutions, please call the SolAce Support Team at 602-439-2525 and set an appointment for a Mailbox setup and Test Transmission to Novitas Solutions.
Please have 25 test claims ready for testing. Test files should consist of a variety of claims that represent the type of claims you will be submitting once production status is achieved. Test claims will not be processed for payment but will be validated against production files; therefore, they must contain valid patient procedure, diagnosis, and provider information.
From our customers
I am very pleased with our SolAce billing software and how easy it is to navigate. They have a great team who can train you to do billing even if you don’t have billing experience. Special thanks to Cathy, Gigi, and Skyler who always helps me out every time I have issues.
SolAce is awesome software. I absolutely LOVE it. For over three years I have used this software daily for multiple long term care facilities to submit claims to various MACs, Medicaid, and Medicare Advantage and Supplemental Insurance carriers. It is convenient, simple to use and far less costly than any Clearing House software I had explored. The ability to import from my Practice Management Software and Therapy Providers has reduced any RTP claims edits and denials are a thing of the past. Customer Support is “Johnny on the spot”, but terrific as they may be, it gets better - RARELY do I need to call. LOVE IT, LOVE IT, AND LOVE IT.
I think our medical office was one of the first to use SolAce in the mid 1990’s and we are still using it today for all of our electronic billing because it works ! It was simple for our staff to learn and it integrated easily with our accounting/billing program. It has been especially nice to know that the Axiom staff is there when Medicare changes something and they are right on it. They made the 5010 change a simple process plus made educational seminars available to us. Thank you to all the Axiom/ Ivertex professionals who have helped us for the last 15+ years.
SolAce has been a valuable tool that has been a life saver for my billing service for years. It has allowed me to bill professional and institutional claims with ease. Customer service @ SolAce is top rated in my opinion. The SolAce product is very user friendly and affordable. Thank you SolAce team for a great product.
Easy to use, Customer support has always been excellent, Thanks SolAce Team.
I am a new client and was having a tough time getting everything set up just right. I had to make calls to CEDI and when I called back the rep I spoke with prior even helped the 2nd rep to make sure I got all the info I needed. They definitely work as a team. Within a short period of time they had my system up and running. I never could've done it without them.
Awesome customer service every time!
I can't tell you how wonderful it is to work with your agency. They are courteous, knowledgeable,friendly, and a joy to work with - I can't say enough. Thank you!!
The service was very good. Phone answered promptly even though it was around 6 p.m. my time. Very courteous and helpful. So far I have had really good experiences with your support team.
The follow-up is outstanding - whenever there is an issue I am contacted to be sure that all is working well and to my satisfaction.
Everyone in your company is very helpful and pleasant, and they always have the quickest response time on fixing the situation.
Tech was very helpful, very patient and very professional. She knew of the issue quickly and stayed at hand until issue was resolved. Very satisifed with the service.