Rhode Island Blue Cross Blue Shield
Please follow the Enrollment Instructions below to become an electronic submitter for Rhode Island Blue Cross Blue Shield.
Required Documents for those applying for new Submitter IDs
The following documents are required enrollment documents that must be completeed signed, and returned to the Rhode Island BCBS office prior to initiation of electronic claims submission or inquiry.
1. Trading Partner Registration Form
2. Trading Partner Agreement
3. EDI Data Transfer Worksheet
If the above links do not work properly, please download these forms from:
If you have any questions regarding any of the documents in this package, please call the RI BCBS EDI Technology Support Center at 1-855-721-4211.
We can now process 276/277 requests (claim status). If this is a transaction you would like to utilize please make sure to enroll with the payer.
Our Vendor Information
|Vendor Name - AXIOM Systems, Inc.|
|Contact - EDI Team|
|Vendor Code - N/A|
|Phone - 602-439-2525|
|Fax - 602-439-0808|
|Address - 241 East 4th Street, Suite 200|
Frederick, MD 21701
|Software Name - SolAce EMC|
|E-mail - Support@SolAce-emc.com|
Trading Partner Registration Form
- Enter your Business/Practice or Provider Name as the Trading Partner Section
- Enter the name of the main Contact Person for your office
- Enter your Address, Phone and Fax numbers
- Enter your e-mail address
- New applicants may leave the Submitter Number line blank
- For Plans choose "BCBSRI"
- For Transactions, choose the following:
- 837P- Professional Claims (CMS 1500 Form)
- 837I- Institutional Claims (UB04 Form)
- 835- Electronic EOBs
- Please skip the "Employer Submitter" section
- Sign and Date the bottom of the form
Trading Partner Registration Form
- Please fill in today's date and your Business/Practice or Provider name in the first paragraph
- Please enter your Business/Practice or Provider Name and mailing address in the Trading Partner section
- Please complete your Trading Partner information in the Signatures section
EDI Data Transfer Worksheet
(This form will be sent to you by BCBS after they receive the two forms listed above)
- Enter your Business/Practice or Provider demographics and contact information
- Please enter OUR information as Vendor Contact
- Refer to the table listed above for our contact information
- For the question "After hours contact procedure" enter Email contact preferred
- Enter 1 for Maximum number of users/servers initiating FTP
- Enter 3mbps for Internet Connection Speed
- Please call us for our IP Address at 602-439-2525 option 1
- You will also need our assistance filling out Section 5
- Please check off "Client/Vendor will transfer data to BCBSRI" & "Client/Vendor will retrieve data from BCBSRI"
- Approximate size of file in MB should have "N/A"
- Check the first box for "Preferred"
- Please call us for assistance with the rest of Section 5 at 602-439-2525 option 1
Submitting your Forms
It is recommended that you keep a copy of all the forms you will be submitting for your records. Mail the enrollment forms reflecting original signatures to:
Director, EDI & Electronic Information Exchange
Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Rhode Island
500 Exchange Street
Providence, RI 02903
It is very important that you complete and return the entire enrollment packet as described above. Incomplete packets will not be processed and will be returned to the submitter
Waiting for a Response
Once the complete provider enrollment packet has been received, the documents will be processed. Processing will take approximately two weeks from the date of receipt. (Remember that mailing time can take as much as five days).
After processing a confirmation will be faxed to you as notification to begin filing claims electronically. If neither confirmation nor a returned packet is received after two weeks, contact the Technology Support Center at 1-401-459-1970.
Once you have received your Submitter ID and Password from RI BCBS, please call the SolAce Support Team and set an appointment for a Mailbox setup and Test Transmission to RI BCBS.
Please have 25 test claims ready for testing, Test files should consist of a variety of claims that represent the type of claims you will be submitting once production status is achieved. Test claims will not be processed for payment but will be validated against production files; therefore, they must contain valid patient procedure, diagnosis, and provider information.
From our customers
I am very pleased with our SolAce billing software and how easy it is to navigate. They have a great team who can train you to do billing even if you don’t have billing experience. Special thanks to Cathy, Gigi, and Skyler who always helps me out every time I have issues.
SolAce is awesome software. I absolutely LOVE it. For over three years I have used this software daily for multiple long term care facilities to submit claims to various MACs, Medicaid, and Medicare Advantage and Supplemental Insurance carriers. It is convenient, simple to use and far less costly than any Clearing House software I had explored. The ability to import from my Practice Management Software and Therapy Providers has reduced any RTP claims edits and denials are a thing of the past. Customer Support is “Johnny on the spot”, but terrific as they may be, it gets better - RARELY do I need to call. LOVE IT, LOVE IT, AND LOVE IT.
I think our medical office was one of the first to use SolAce in the mid 1990’s and we are still using it today for all of our electronic billing because it works ! It was simple for our staff to learn and it integrated easily with our accounting/billing program. It has been especially nice to know that the Axiom staff is there when Medicare changes something and they are right on it. They made the 5010 change a simple process plus made educational seminars available to us. Thank you to all the Axiom/ Ivertex professionals who have helped us for the last 15+ years.
SolAce has been a valuable tool that has been a life saver for my billing service for years. It has allowed me to bill professional and institutional claims with ease. Customer service @ SolAce is top rated in my opinion. The SolAce product is very user friendly and affordable. Thank you SolAce team for a great product.
Easy to use, Customer support has always been excellent, Thanks SolAce Team.
I am a new client and was having a tough time getting everything set up just right. I had to make calls to CEDI and when I called back the rep I spoke with prior even helped the 2nd rep to make sure I got all the info I needed. They definitely work as a team. Within a short period of time they had my system up and running. I never could've done it without them.
Awesome customer service every time!
I can't tell you how wonderful it is to work with your agency. They are courteous, knowledgeable,friendly, and a joy to work with - I can't say enough. Thank you!!
The service was very good. Phone answered promptly even though it was around 6 p.m. my time. Very courteous and helpful. So far I have had really good experiences with your support team.
The follow-up is outstanding - whenever there is an issue I am contacted to be sure that all is working well and to my satisfaction.
Everyone in your company is very helpful and pleasant, and they always have the quickest response time on fixing the situation.
Tech was very helpful, very patient and very professional. She knew of the issue quickly and stayed at hand until issue was resolved. Very satisifed with the service.